There are lots of free and commercial editors available for developers these days. Selecting top code editors for developers tools is very difficult from time to time. Most developers used free tools for their development environment. I will be brought to you the top 3 editors that boost your efficiently coding skills. of course, there are many best tools available as it’s not covered by this post. Even though you do coding on Linux, Mac, or Windows PC, a good code editor always gives you the same experience more or less.
Visual Studio Code
Code editing flexible with Free, build on open source. This is top code editor for developers. Runs everywhere. Cross-platformed and lightweight code editor from Microsoft which is very popular among developers.
Followings are top features of Visual Studio Code :
- Extensible and customizable – Install extensions to add new languages, themes, debuggers, and to connect to additional services
- Deploy with confidence and ease – With Microsoft Azure you can deploy and host your React, Angular, Vue, Node, Python (and more!) sites, store and query relational and document based data, and scale with serverless computing, all with ease, all from within VS Code.
- Working with Git – Working with Git and other SCM providers has never been easier. Review diffs, stage files, and make commits right from the editor. Push and pull from any hosted SCM service.
Top code editors for developers. A hackable text editor for the 21st Century. Its developed by GitHub. Fully work with Git and GitHub directory with the help of GitHub packages. You can create new branches, stage and commit, push and pull and all the git operation from within your editor.
Developers gain following top features by using ATOM editor :
- You can install any operating systems like OS X, Windows, or Linux.
- Autocomplete feature will provide you Faster and smooth coding experience.
- Code compare into multiple panes to easily make your code diff.
Author is Don Ho. This top code editor for developers very famous with Development Environments in StackOverflow’s Developer Survey 2019 where overall 30.5% of developers among 90k developer use this editor for web development. It is not cross-platformed and runs only in the windows using GPL License, a more robust version of the Window’s Notepad software.
Why notepad++ very famous with developers?
- Less download size and super lightweight.
- Notepadd++ plugins will help you the ease of work.
- Multi-view option and Multiple Language support
- Best URL parser: fix apostrophe in an URL